50 Interesting Fun Facts That Are Totally Random
Interesting fun facts that will amaze you.
1. Our eyes are always the same size from birth but our nose and ears never stop growing.
2. In every episode of “Seinfeld”, there is a Superman picture or reference somewhere.
3. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
4. Each year in America, there are about 300,000 deaths that can be attributed to obesity.
5. Many butterflies can taste with their feet to find out whether the leaf they sit on is good to lay eggs on to be their caterpillars’ food or not.
6. There are more types of insects in one tropical rain forest tree than there are in the entire state of Vermont.
7. The February of 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
8. There is actually no danger in swimming right after you eat, though it may feel uncomfortable.
9. The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth II moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
10. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
11. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
12. There are about two chickens for every human in the world.
13. The word “maverick” came into use after Samuel Maverick, a Texan refused to brand his cattle.
14. Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
15. Termites have been known to eat food twice as fast when heavy metal music is playing.
16. There are more beetles than any other animal. In fact, one out of every four animals is a beetle.
17. The rhinoceros beetle is the strongest animal and is capable of lifting 850 times its own weight.
18. On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the American flag is flying over the Parliament Building.
19. An American urologist bought Napoleon’s penis for $40,000.
20. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
21. Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters “MT”.
22. $283,200 is the absolute highest amount of money you can win on Jeopardy.
23. Rats and horses cannot vomit.
24. The penguin is the only bird that cannot fly but can swim.
25. Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
26. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
27. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
28. Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie.
29. Hedenophobic means fear of pleasure.
30. Ancient Egyptian priests would pluck every hair from their bodies.
31. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out
32. An ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
33. All polar bears are left-handed.
34. The catfish has over 27000 taste buds (more than any other animal).
35. A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
36. Many insects can carry 50 times their own body weight. This would be like an adult person lifting two heavy cars full of people.
37. There are over a million described species of insects. Some people estimate there are actually between 15 and 30 million species.
38. Most insects are beneficial to people because they eat other insects, pollinate crops, and are food for other animals, make products we use (like honey and silk) or have medical uses.
39. Butterflies and insects have their skeletons on the outside of their bodies, called the exoskeleton. This protects the insect and keeps water inside their bodies so they do not dry out.
40. Elephants are the only mammals that cannot jump.
41. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
42. Starfish have no brains.
43. 11% of the world is left-handed.
44. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
45. The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
46. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
47. A healthy (non-colour-blind) human eye can distinguish between 500 shades of grey.
48. Lizards can self-amputate their tails for protection. It grows back after a few months.
49. Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula”.
50. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.