Home Remedies For Diarrhea
When stools are loose and without consistency is called diarrhea, is an effective way for the body to get rid of an undesirable substance, this may be followed by symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, thirst, fever, nausea dehydration. In children, this may be dangerous as in people 65 and older.
This is the right place for complete information on Diarrhea, which you can cure with the help of natural treatment by using natural home remedies.
Diarrhea and vomiting cause the loss of fluids which need to be replaced. In some cases, diarrhea is the secondary symptom of another problem, but in most instances is caused by food poisoning; bacteria in food or water; food allergies; or a virus. Also, excess alcohol consumption; laxatives; caffeine are known to cause diarrhea. Some medicines can trigger diarrhea, such as antibiotics (tetracycline, clindamycin, penicillin). If you find, blood or mucus in the stool is a sign of infection or parasites.
Some well-known drugs will stop diarrhea but they interfere with the natural process of cleansing that the body desperately needs. With natural remedies, we may help ourselves feel better without stopping the immune system from doing its job.
Your body uses diarrhea to flush bacteria or viruses you might have ingested by eating bad food. Therefore, it might be a bad idea to stop diarrhea too quickly. However, diarrhea does not work sometimes and if goes on for several days, dehydration and loss of important nutrients may occur which can be dangerous, especially in children. That’s why we recommend the use of home remedies for diarrhea instead of over-the-counter drugs, using herbs you can stop diarrhea and target the cause of it at the same time.
Most times, diarrhea is caused by our diet – eating too much fruit or spicy food, a drastic change in diet, or weather temperature. Acute diarrhea is usually related to a bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection, with chronic diarrhea related to digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel disease. As is commonly the case with vomiting, diarrhea causes the body to lose vital amounts of fluids, so dehydration is always a concern. Always consult your doctor if you or your children experience prolonged periods of diarrhea if it is accompanied by pain in the abdomen, or blood in the stools.
Most of us experience two bowel movements per day and have firm stools. When stools are watery or liquid and very loose and this occurs three or more times a day, it is known as diarrhea.
Tips to avoid Diarrhea
- Avoid caffeine, milk products, and foods that are greasy, high in fiber, or very sweet, as these foods tend to aggravate diarrhea. Try unsalted crackers, dry toast, or browned apple shavings.
- Slowly add soft, bland foods to your diet, including bananas, plain rice, boiled potatoes, cooked carrots, and baked chicken without the skin or fat.
Home Remedies For Diarrhea
- Take homeopathic Arsenicum if you feel you have eaten spoiled food. This will help control the discharge without interfering with the elimination of toxins.
- A glass of water can be boiled and cooled., Slight sugar and salt can be added. Drinking this water frequently helps to avoid dehydration during Diarrhea.
- Drinking lemon juice 4-5 times a day helps to cure Diarrhea.
- Pomegranate (Anar) leaves are boiled in water with sugar and filtered. Drinking this decoction 3 times a day helps to cure Diarrhea.
- Drinking half cup of Mint (pudina) juice every two hours helps to cure Diarrhea.
- Wall nut (Akhrot) is ground with water and this paste applied in the naval helps to cure Diarrhea.
- Drinking Basil (Tulsi) juice mixed with Betel (Pan) juice helps to cure Diarrhea.
- 0range juice mixed with milk taken helps to cure Diarrhea, especially for children.
- Eating a spoon of Dhania (Coriander) powder with black salt after meals is helpful in curing Diarrhea.
- Drinking hot water mixed with Ginger juice once an hour helps to cure Diarrhea.
- A spoonful of pure Ghee (made from cow’s milk or buffaloes milk) taken hot both morning and evening helps to cure Diarrhea.
- If you feel weak and have a burning pain in the mid-section take cuprum arsenicosum . Take 4 charcoal tablets every hour this will absorb the toxins from the body.
- Drink blackberry tea for mild diarrhea.
- Take cayenne in capsules.
- Wild oregano oil is antibacterial, anti-parasitic, and anti-viral.
- Ginger tea can stop cramps and pain. Or take Ginger in capsules.
- Drink plenty of fluids, but stay away from caffeine and alcohol. Drinks like ginger ale or carrot juice is good for making the stools less watery.
- For decades charcoal has been used for absorbing and expelling intestinal gas. Charcoal may also be used for relieving a variety of ailments, such as indigestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, high cholesterol, and intestinal bloating. Charcoal’s ability to absorb and prevent substances from dislodging or reabsorbing into the body makes it a popular choice for detoxifying the liver and kidneys.
- Boil brown rice and water for 45 minutes eat the rice (it contains Vitamin B) and drink the water.
Author: Dr Izharul Hasan