Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are swollen anal varicose veins. These veins can become so stretched that they push with extreme force, then rupture and bleed. The hemorrhoids cause rectal bleeding, pain, burning, inflammation, irritation, and itching since the swollen tissues are difficult to keep clean. Hemorrhoids may be external or internal. The external hemorrhoids you can see and feel as a soft bluish-purple lump. Internal hemorrhoids you probably won’t notice, due they are usually painless. There is another type of hemorrhoid called prolapsed which is an internal hemorrhoid that collapses and protrudes outside the anus, accompanied by a mucus discharge and heavy bleeding. They can become thrombosed and when they form cloth within that prevents their receding. They are terribly painful. The most common cause of hemorrhoids is chronic constipation or congested liver.
Other factors that can cause or contribute to hemorrhoids include obesity, poor exercise, food allergies, lifting heavy objects, and insufficient consumption of dietary fiber.
In pregnancy, women can develop hemorrhoids due to the pressure of the growing uterus on the major veins. Constipation in pregnancy can make hemorrhoids more painful, from straining during bowel movement; this puts a lot of pressure on the veins around the anus area. It’s also common after childbirth.
- Common causes of hemorrhoids are constipation, straining during bowel movements, and pregnancy.
- Other Causes of Hemorrhoids include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Constipation and straining during bowel movements
- Prolonged sitting
- Pressure and strain due to standing for long periods
- Lifting objects that are too heavy
- The symptoms and signs of hemorrhoids include:
- Blood covering the stool or on toilet paper after wiping
- Incomplete bowel movements
- Excessive straining or constipation
- Painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus
- Rectal itching
Tips for managing Hemorrhoid
- Drink plenty of water
- Consider fiber supplements
- Exercise regularly
- Have a bowel movement as soon as convenient when you feel the urge
- Increase dietary fiber
Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
- The effective home remedy for hemorrhoids or piles is to Boil 20g of sesame seeds in 500 ml of water and drink it.
- It is beneficiary to take doses of 60-90 ml of white radish juice with a pinch of salt.
- The very simple and effective home remedy for hemorrhoids is to make a paste of well-grounded radish with milk and apply it over inflamed piles to get relief from pain and swelling.
- A cup of milk boiled with mashed banana and taken thrice a day is also beneficial for Hemorrhoids.
- Make a fine paste of cumin seeds powder with water and apply it to the affected areas to reduce pain. This is one of the simple and effective hemorrhoids treatment.
- A cold compress applied to the rectal area for about an hour before going to bed at night is also beneficial for Hemorrhoids to calm down.
- A cup of milk boiled with mashed banana and taken thrice a day is also.
- Take 3 to 4 Neem leaves with water to get relief from Piles. Apply Aloe Vera gel directly on the anus, relieves pain, and soothes the burning sensation.
- Use Bayberry, goldenseal root, myrrh, and white oak in a salve form to relieve pain in the hemorrhoids.
- Brew a strong, warm tea using Lady’s mantle ( yarrow ), and apply to the hemorrhoids with a cotton ball several times a day or as required
- Apply Witch hazel with a sterile cotton pad, 3 times daily to shrink the swollen veins.
- Take Buck thorn bark, Collinsonia root, parsley, red grape vine leaves, or stone root either in capsules or tea form. They are also good for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- To keep the bowels clean use Cayenne (capsicum ) or garlic enemas. They relieve pain caused by hemorrhoids.
Author: Dr Izharul Hasan