Home Remedies For Neuritis
Neuritis refers to an inflammation of the nerves, be it a single nerve or a series of nerves. At times, several different groups of nerves in various parts of the body may be involved. This condition is known as polyneuritis. The main symptoms of neuritis are a tingling and burning sensation, and stabbing pains in the affected nerves. In severe cases, there may be numbness, loss of sensation, and paralysis of the nearby muscles. Thus temporary paralysis, of the facial muscles may result from changes in the facial nerve on the affected side. During the acute stage of this condition, the patient may not be able to close his eyes due to a loss of normal tone and strength of the muscles on the affected side of the face.
Home Remedies For Neuritis
- Researchers say that all the vitamins of the Vitamin B group help in preventing and curing neuritis. The combinations of B, B2, and B12 along with pantothenic acid are proven to be beneficial for neuritis. This will help not only cure neuritis but will also nourish your nervous system. This is one of the popular home remedies for neuritis.
- Some of naturopaths suggest that using raw carrots and spinach also helps treat neuritis. For this, you can have at least half a liter of the combined raw juices of spinach and carrots. Take 300 ml of carrots and 200 ml of spinach juice. This is one of the popular home remedies for neuritis.
- One of the most important home remedies for neuritis is the usage of Soya bean milk. A cup of this milk is to be mixed with one tsp of honey and is taken at night on regular basis.
- Barley brew is also considered to be a good home remedy for neuritis. Barely brew is prepared by boiling a quarter of a cup of pearled barley rain in half a cup of water. This is kept on fire till it becomes 1/4th. This is then carefully strained and at the time of taking, it is mixed with ½ glass of buttermilk and juice of ½ lime.
- The usage of orange flowers is also considered to be good for treating neuritis. The water distilled from these flowers is said to be refreshing and stimulating the nervous system. It is to be taken on a regular basis. This is one of the good home remedies for neuritis.
- One should avoid wheat bread, sugar, and refined cereals. These types of foods worsen the case of neuritis.
- Fish, tinned foods, coffee, tea, and condiments are also to be avoided to prevent further damage due to neuritis.
- Another good home remedy for neuritis is Epson salt baths. A person suffering from neuritis should be given two to three hot baths with Epson salt weekly.
- Do light exercises like walking and other moderate physical activities
- Soak Soya beans in water for 12 hours and peel them. Crush them to a fine paste. Add water and boil it and strain. This is one of the well-liked home remedies for neuritis.
Author: Dr Izharul Hasan